Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Time to see our words come to life...

I feel so passionate about our show because of its intense and pertinent theme---body image. I feel like I have a lot to say---to share---about body image. I am practically exploding with thoughts but translating these thoughts into monologues and dialogues and poems, and understanding where we need to get serious and where we can be funny---a huge challenge. I am LOVING EVERY SECOND OF IT but real life is not SMASH! Trust me and now our reality is setting in because in a few short weeks we are having our first professional mini working session.


The Flying Bull Doggies
Liswrite,KC and MJOY
We three are all in a tizzy trying to get our act together for this working session.   By "act together" I mean getting what we have written so far organized enough so the fantastic four professional actors we have hired to read and sing our stuff can make heads of tails of it all. These sessions will help us to see where we are with our show---what sounds good, what makes sense, what stinks. Our partners, Dan and Michael, are quite a few steps ahead of us with another show they have been working on for over 3 years! Their journey, with Marry Harry, is helping us understand how best to proceed with developing In My Body. We are truly thankful for that .


No comments:

Post a Comment